Monday, February 6, 2012

First Post!


 My roommates and me at Plaza de España
Over two weeks in and I am finally posting my first entry into my blog. I am loving it here in Sevilla! Everything is so incredibly beautiful -- from the buildings to the people -- and they have such a relaxed lifestyle. They have naps built into the day, which is so perfect for me, and everyone is so happy all the time.

Our apartment!
Because I haven't written in two weeks, it will take too long to long to write out all of the things I've done so I'm going to list a few of them:

-Bike tour of Sevilla
-Walking tour of the neighborhood
-Classes started (taking Cultures and Stereotypes, Gender Roles in Spain, Global Competence, and Advanced Spanish)
-Flamenco dancing class

The food here is also amazing. I've eaten so many dishes, including tortilas de patatas (sort of like a potato omelet),  grilled queso de cabra (goat cheese) with marmalade and small toasts, paella, patatas bravas (kind of like small cubes of french fries) with brava sauce, grilled octopus and so much more.

Lastly, we took a trip to Morocco this past weekend. It was unlike any country I had been to before, which was really exciting. The food was alright (a lot of meat and strong spices), but the cities were unbelievable. We went to a medicinal spice store and learned about the different treatments. I bought Moroccan hair oil there and it was so much cheaper than the one I get at home. We also went to a carpet/blanket place where they hand-weave everything. I bought a beautiful orange and red blanket. We also toured the markets, went into the Cave of Hercules (which had an opening to the sea), rode camels, and explored three different cities in Northern Morocco. We also ate at a traditional Moroccan restaurant, where we watched a live music and dancing show. One man danced with a tray of candles without dropping them! We all got henna tattoos on our hands after.


Inside the Cave of Hercules in Tangier, Morocco


Opening in the Cave of Hercules
Right before it slobbered my arm!
Chefchaouen, Morocco
Market in Tangier

Will write again soon!
xx Hannah

~ 2 comments: ~

Mum says:
at: February 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM said...

Can't wait for you to post more!
Love you

Nancy Leeds
at: February 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM said...

Ooooh, I'm living vicariously through you Hannah! Tell Harv and me all about the places you are visiting and most importantly describe in glorious detail all the different foods you eat. Soph came home making tortilla de patatas (eh) and sardines much to all her roommates protests. xoxo

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Blogger templates

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll

About